Friday, December 13, 2013

Weekly Skincare Routines!

Good makeup comes from healthy skin. Like I said in my previous post, I preferred natural looks to heavier looks, so that's why I take skincare seriously.





Cleansing is something that we all do every day, but because I cannot start my weekly routines before cleansing, so I will just put it on here. The product that I have been using for months is Ristra's Beauty Med Soap. After a long journey of finding the right cleanser, I finally found it. It's an Indonesian local brand. It's affordable and it works wonders for my skin. I really really really love it. It doesn't dry out my skin like how most cleansers do, and it leaves my skin soft. Well, I think good cleansers are those which remove excessive oil, not all of the oil. The oil on our face doesn't need to be removed completely, but it needs to be balanced. The only downside of this product is that it takes more time to rinse off because sometimes, when I think I've done a thorough rinsing, my skin still feels a bit slippery.



This is the highlight of my weekly skincare routine. Yes, it's exfoliating. Here, I am using Skinfood's Black Sugar Mask. I've done a review here (go check out!). After cleansing, I do not wipe my face with towel and just immediately put the scrubs on my face and start massaging. (note: I never wipe my face after cleansing. So with damp face, I immediately put my skincare products. I learned it from here.) I massage my skin for 1-2 minutes and then leave it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.



At first, I didn't find this product useful (here is the review). But after using it as one of those products in my skincare routine, I finally found it useful. I massage the blackhead-prone area on my skin for about 3-5 minutes and rinse it off.



I could not find the right words to describe this step of my routine so I will just stick along with the idea that I got from here (I am a HUGE fan of her show fyi). I put about 2 bags of green tea in a glass of hot water and let it infuse for about 10-15 minutes. After that, I dilute the tea with warm water and gently tap it on my skin and then wash my entire face using the remaining diluted tea.



I don't always have mask sheets in stock, so when I do have one, I will use it. I put it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes and then I immediately put it on my face. I really love how it feels like when I put them on my face. It's cooling and refreshing.


I usually do this weekly routine at night, so yeah after doing all those things above, I continue with basic skincare regime, and then having a good sleep!


So, that's it. What's the point of having expensive makeup products while you cannot maintain a healthy skin? Go go take more care of your lovely skin and be more confident of your natural beauty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Resista A. Belle and Crystal. 2014