Monday, July 13, 2015

Nature Republic Eco Crayon Lip Rouge in Burgundy Red Review

Good Monday Morning, belles!

Who can get enough of lippies? Not me. There's no such thing as too many lippies. Lately, I am so into jumbo lip pencils. I found it more convenient to bring around in my purse and also to use. And so this time I am going to talk about another jumbo/crayon lippies which is Nature Republic Eco Crayon Lip Rouge. The reason why I bought this was simply because I wanted to try more Nature Republic products.




Its main claim? A jumbo lip rouge crayon that creates a glossy, creamy finish.
But really?
Hmm to be honest, nope. Not at all.

When I read what's written on the box, my expectations went high. Glossy and creamy finish, I expected the texture to be like Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips-Talk or some-other-thing. But well, it turned out to have satin finish, definitely not something that I'd call glossy. And creamy. It tugged a bit when I tried to put it without any lipbalm underneath. It glides on more smoothly with lipbalm underneath for sure.


Honestly, I can't help but to compare it with Revlon Matte Balm. And I definitely think Revlon Matte Balm is just the better one. Revlon Matte Balm glides on more smoothly (with or without lipbalm underneath) and is creamier (and it leaves a matte finish!!!!11).


The color does look pretty and I really like how it looks on my lips. It's pretty opaque. The true color shows up in just one swipe.

All in all, I like it, but it doesn't impress me much. Mostly because of the texture. It dries the lips. Staying power is okay. The color will start to fade 3-4 hours later. I am not going to repurchase another color. FYI, I opened Nature Republic's website and could no longer find this on the website. So I guess they discontinued it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Resista A. Belle and Crystal. 2014