Saturday, February 28, 2015

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Certainly Red and Pink Velvet Review

Hi, belles!

Who can get enough of lip colors?
Not me. Nope.




I went to Revlon counter the other day and swatched all the reds that they had on the display. After comparing this red and that red, I finally fell for this particular red shade which was Certainly Red.
Certainly Red is red, certainly, without, I think, any yellow or pink undertone. But it has somewhat a cool undertone. (And I surprisingly look good wearing this. Does that mean I am cool-toned? Because I still can't figure out what my undertone is.)

Although it's a creme formula, but somehow the finish is not as glossy as Pink Velvet. I can see a bit of the matte-ness (if that makes sense). The opacity is great I tell you. The color payoff is amazing that sometimes when I wanted a more natural red, I just dabbed it on my lips. It leaves some stain/tint behind, I don't know whether it's a good or bad thing for others, but for me, it's a good thing. I wore it to campus, ate and drink this and that, and when I got home, I still saw the color on my lips.
THIS IS MY PURRFECT RED!

Pink Velvet is a warm pink. It's honestly a boring color on my skin tone. I forgot why I picked this. It's actually a nice everyday color. But I personally like a bit of pop on my lips, so yeah, I'm not so into this color. Although I still wear it from time to time though whenever I feel like I need to go more natural. LOL
The color payoff is good that your just need one application to cover the entire lips. It glides on smoothly, no doubt, and has that satin finish. It lasts pretty long, but not as long as Certainly Red. Probably 3/4 hours. It doesn't cling to any dry patches and doesn't leave the lips dry either.


I adjusted the color and tried hard to get the color match as best as I could. In the end, they still look too warm. The color should be darker and deeper. Both the pink and red should be darker, but well, I failed. As usual. And after that blue/black/gold/white dress incident, I could not trust my sight anymore. ha.

Overall, Revlon lip products have always been my favorite, and these ones don't disappoint either. I'll be more likely to purchase another color because I just can't get enough of lipsticks (I want to try the matte balms though).

Well, that's it from me. See you again in another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Resista A. Belle and Crystal. 2014