Monday, June 15, 2015

e.l.f. Studio High Definition Powder Review

Hello again, belles!

What I'm going to talk about this time is a best friend for all of you who have to deal with greasiness anytime and anywhere. Yes, it's powder (isn't it?). Other than blotting sheets, I think we should agree that powder is another best friend in life.


Details:
The e.l.f. High Definition Powder is a translucent, versatile loose powder that creates a flawless, "soft focus" effect to the skin. Masks fine lines and imperfections for a glowing, radiant complexion. This incredibly soft and invisible powder is ideal for everyday wear, either alone or over your favorite e.l.f. foundation. Our HD Powder is a makeup artist and e.l.f. customer favorite, and at only $6, it can be yours at a fraction of the cost of the competition!




It is a silicon-based, white, and translucent setting powder. It comes with a puff that I never use. As soon as I opened it, I took the puff away. The packaging is rather bulky, definitely not something to travel with. You can depot it into a smaller jar for travelling purposes though.

This has been claimed as a dupe for MUFE HD Loose Powder. Some agree, some don't. I rarely use it to set my face, but I mostly use it to set my under eye concealer. Let me tell you, this thing is the key to lock my under eye concealer so that it doesn't move or crease or anything that can possibly happen. Now that I think about it, why didn't I purchase the under eye setting powder instead? Hmm.

translucent

It blurs fine lines and pores a bit. Still visible, but reduced. Sometimes I also mattify my lip colors by dabbing it on top and  then I get such nice matte lips (that I am so in love with). The oil control is okay on me. I honestly am not looking for a super mattifying powder. I am just embracing this oiliness and greasiness on my face. LOL

However, I also read some cons regarding to silicon-based powders. They are not flash-photography friendly. Have you seen some celebrities walking or posing on the red carpet with weird white powder on their faces? Well, the makeup artists might put a little too much. These HD powders are a little tricky to work with. I'd rather stay away from it when I know that I'll be taking flash-photos.

Overall, a good powder with a good price. For just 6 USD, you may want to try it. Just be careful not to use too much or else you will look like a disaster a.k.a white-patchy face. I've been enjoying using it as a setting powder for my under eye concealer and so far it's been working really well. Do you guys have another powder recommendation?  Tell me, tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Resista A. Belle and Crystal. 2014