Monday, June 8, 2015

e.l.f. Studio Blush Palette in Light Review

A-yo, belles!

... I don't know what to write as an intro. I am running out of ideas. FYI, for the next three months, I'll be super busy so I am trying to write as many posts as I can and publish them as scheduled posts later on. Hopefully I can manage them all.

Anyway, let's get into the thing!



This blush palette is one of few first ELF products that I own. I remembered there was a 50% sale on ELF's website (one thing that I love the most from ELF - the super sales) and this was one of the best selling products. I did a little research and found out that people actually liked it, so I decided to purchase this. I initially would like to purchase the single blushes, but after reading some reviews, some said that the palette was even better than the singles, and I was like, "that's it! I'm getting this!"

Okay, enough blabbering.

Details on the websiteThis beautiful blush palette holds 4 gorgeous shades to mix and match throughout the year for a custom blended color. Great for contouring, shading, sculpting, and highlighting, these silky smooth blushes create a beautiful pigmented glow. With a mixture of complimentary matte and shimmer finishes, you can achieve a professional look every time.


It is a custom palette as each blush can be popped out of the case. But ELF doesn't sell the refill yet. It, maybe, will come out in the future, who knows. Don't worry though, the blushes won't fall out easily. The palette is pretty sturdy.

The palette consists of four colors:


  1. matte light pink
  2. matte terracotta-ish (the best color description that I can come up with, sorry)
  3. matte medium rosy pink (or is it mauve pink? maybe something in between)
  4. shimmery coral (the shimmer is pretty tho, really)
My most favorite color? The terracotta one! I'd never thought I would wear such color, but well, I apparently did and liked it so much. I can even use it as a transition color on my lids or to add a bit of contour and warmth on my eyes. Anyway, other than Light, there is Dark as well. But I personally think that both palettes can be used by anyone.


As you can see, they are pretty pigmented in just one swipe. They may not be crazily pigmented, but they look decent. Lasting power is average for me. But I could still see the color on my cheeks 4-5 hours later. Well, I rarely wear any base makeup (primer or foundation or bb cream) on daily basis and my skin is oily, so most blush won't last really long on me. It's not a big deal though.

All in all, another hit from ELF! It's affordable. You get four different colors in a palette. Easy to travel with. They look good. Well, just try them.

2 comments:

  1. Wah belum pernah coba blush on nya elf.
    Pigmented banget! Thanks for your review ^^

    www.indiranyan.com

    ReplyDelete

© Resista A. Belle and Crystal. 2014