Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Hada Labo Gokujyun Ultimate Moisturizing Lotion Review

Yo, belles!

As an oily skin gal, I take skincare quite seriously. I never skip skincare every morning and night. And I never sleep with makeup on. How tired I am at any time, I will force myself to cleanse my face, brush my teeth, and apply the skincare stuffs. I notice that my skin has been improving since then. So this time, I am going to talk about one of the skincare that I have been using for months (almost a year, probably) and that is Hada Labo Gokujyun Ultimate Moisturizing Lotion.



Hada Labo Gokujyun Ultimate Moisturizing Lotion (100ml) or also known as Gokujyun Super Hyaluronic Acid Lotion, is a moisturizing and hydrating toner (well, in Japan, toner is known more as lotion while in Korea, people call it skinlotion and skin rarely contain alcohol, FYI). It contains three types of Hyaluronic Acid and it is actually made for normal-dry skin people. There is also the light version for oily skin, but guess what, the light version contains alcohol in it, and that's no no. But again, surprise surprise, I, the oily skin and acne-prone gal, have been using it for months and it has been working great on me. With no breakout.

This costs for about $17 on ebay and $19.99 on drugstore.com, but guess what, we have it here in Indonesia for only about IDR 30.000-ish which is around $3. Ha. Well, it is made in Indonesia, that explains it all. Rohto Indonesia made it with the license under Rohto Japan. But apparently, some people here still prefer to buy it directly from Japan. Let me tell you guys, both use the exact same ingredients.

Japan version (taken from skinandtonics or you can also check them out on cosdna):
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Disodium Succinate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Hydroxyethycellulose, Methylparaben, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Succinic Acid

Indonesian version:
water, butylene glycol, glycerin, ppg-10 methyl glucose ether, methylparaben, disodium succinate, sodium hyaluronate, hydroxyethycellulose, succinic acid, hydrolized hyaluronic acid, sodium acetylated hyaluronate

See? The only difference is the order.

It is fragrance-free, colorant-free, and it also contains no irritating ingredients. Although it contains butylene glycol (acne-trigger level 1 out of 5), but my skin has no problem with butylene glycol at all. Some of my other skincare products also contain butylene glycol, but my skin shows no bad reaction all this time. I am more than happy with this product.


The texture is so watery and it is so lightweight. But once applied, you will feel the difference. Some said that it took a bit more time to be fully absorbed. But another surprise, it doesn't take that long for my skin to absorb the product. I pour 3 drops and pat it on my face every morning and night. This is honestly a skin-changing product for me. At some time of the year, the weather here could be really dry and some part of my face suddenly became so dry, rough, flaky, things that people with dry skin usually experience. But ever since I paid more attention to my skincare routine, I didn't experience the rough and flaky skin anymore. And this product took a significant part in it.

All in all, a perfect lotion (or toner; I still use it after toner though) even for me, the oily and acne-prone skin person. It is colorant and fragrance free, very lightweight, it contains no irritating ingredients, absorbs pretty fast, and it is, obviously, hydrating. The only con is that it still contains paraben. I am personally fine with paraben, so it is not a con for me. But for some other people, it may be.
I am on my second bottle and will more likely repurchase it in the future.

xo

1 comment:

  1. good review! I have oily skin too and prefer gel form moisturiser!

    ReplyDelete

© Resista A. Belle and Crystal. 2014