Friday, May 22, 2015

Maybelline Clean Express Miracle Water Review

Howdy, belles!

Cleansing water has become such a trend (hasn't it?) and you might hear the beauty enthusiasts talked about any kind of cleansing water. Most famous one is Bioderma's, no doubt. But this time I'm not going to review Bioderma cleansing water (obviously, sorry). So here I am with another Maybelline product.




Maybelline Clean Express Miracle Water is a quite new product. I think it released on fourth quarter of 2014 in Indonesia. (FYI, I keep on reading miracle as micellar. Good moves, Maybelline)



Well, let's see what's written on the bottle.

  • Removes light makeup, trapped dirt and dust
  • Hydrates
  • Freshens like a toner
  • No need to rinse
  • Suitable for sensitive skin

The secret? Makeup absorbing micelles: act like genuine micro-captors to encapsulate dirt and makeup residue.

I agree with most of the claims. I use this when I only have powder and some light concealer on. This cleansing water is definitely not one to use when you have heavy makeup on. It can't really remove waterproof makeup. Look at the test below.

bb cream, concealer, lip cream, mascara, eyeliners
swiped once with the miracle water
swiped 10 times
As you can see, even after swiping it for ten times, the waterproof ones won't come off. I haven't tried it on my eyes yet, but I read some that said it stung the eyes, so be careful.

Anyway, I have one thing to tell you. You know how many people use toner to "remove makeup residue that the cleanser doesn't (or leaves behind)"? Guys, this is so wrong. When you still have some residues, then you may not clean your face well. But when you feel like your skin is not squeaky clean, instead of using toner, use cleansing water instead. It's cheap, come on, and its main function is to remove makeup. So my advice to you guys, stop using toner as "the second cleanser" and do double cleanse instead (because toner, in this 21st century, isn't meant to remove any makeup residue LOL).


Overall, this product is not disappointing. On days when I have only powder on or when I need to run errand and face all the dirt on the road, as soon as I arrive home, I use this to cleanse my face. Most likely not as good as Bioderma, but I'm fine with this in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Resista A. Belle and Crystal. 2014