Monday, November 10, 2014

The Face Shop Color My Brow in 02 Light Brown Review

Hi, belles! *wiggles wiggles brows*


Yes bae, it's time for a brow product review!



I actually ordered for the gray brown one, but I got the light brown instead AND I realized that I got the wrong color after using it. Of course I couldn't refund it. But that's not a huge problem though because the light brown also looks good on me.

I always wanted to grab a brow mascara, but I just didn't know which one I should buy. I actually wanted to try Benefit's Gimme Brow, but come on, I'm just a poor student that needs some brow love. After web-traveling here and there, I opened OnStyle's Get It Beauty page and found out that it won 3rd place on the Blind Test, and so I made this purchase.



As you can see, the brush is a little different than the usual brow mascara brushes. I find the brush okay though to use on my brows and I think it'd work fine even if you're heavy-handed.

What it claims? (trans cr to ibuybeauti)
  • Light color which easily goes well with with hair color
  • Quick dry formula
  • Soft and moist coverage
  • Strong waterproof
The consistency is okay. It's just enough to comb and define the shape of the brows and still looks natural (which I like everything natural). Although the swatch below may look clumpy, but that's because I put too much. It usually doesn't clump on my brows. It doesn't dramatically add volume to the brows, but it still gives life to those sparse brows and I like it. It does dry quickly, and the moist coverage (what is it supposed to mean though) is there when I first apply it, but after some time, of course, it dries.
I think I need to post a picture of before and after application. Hmm will do that some time later LOL


It's light brown (obviously) with a bit of yellow undertone. Unfortunately, it doesn't really claim the strong waterproof part. It's not that strong. But as long as you don't rub your brows, the color will still be there for a good long time. I usually use brown/dark brown/taupe shade of eyebrow pencil, brown/gray eyebrow powder, and top them with this brow mascara. Yes, so much for an eyebrow. I literally spend most of my morning drawing brows. What a life.

Overall, it's a good product, but  I don't think I'll repurchase this because there are still lots and lots of brow gels in this world that I need to try. I'm interested to try Heavy Rotation Coloring Eyebrow and A'Pieu's Hair Match Browcara (it won 2nd place on Get It Beauty's Blind Test).


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Resista A. Belle and Crystal. 2014