Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Face Shop Baby Face New Zealand Clay Pore Care Pack Review

Hi, belles!

After reading so many reviews of so many clay packs from so many brands, I finally decided to get The Face Shop one with the ever-longest-name. I felt like everyone was buying the Innisfree one, and so I wanted to try something different. Well, also thanks to Angel from beautifymeeh, one day when I was watching videos on youtube, I stumbled upon hers and she was recommending this pack, and that was when I knew that this product existed. It's The Face Shop Baby Face New Zealand Clay Pore Care Pack (Pore Care Pack Wash-Off Mask). Okay, let's get started!


It claims to cleanse inside the pores using hot spring mud from New Zealand. It features New Zealand Rotorua Mud which discharges wastes, astringent effects, anti-bacterial effects, also features sebum controlling powder, and lecithin which provides skin with moisture.

 
This product is paraben, mineral oil, artificial coloring, benzophenone, and animal sourced materials free.

Directions: After washing face, apply an adequate amount over the face avoiding the eye and mouth area. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes, then rinse off with lukewarm water. Use once or twice per week.


Unlike other clay packs which usually come in a jar, The Face Shop one comes in a tube which then makes it easier for me to control how much I want to use. The scent is something I cannot really describe since this one is my very first clay pack that I own. But according to other bloggers, they said that the smell was just like any other clay pack. Hm I think I should try other clay packs.

So, does it really work as it claims? When I use it, it dries pretty quickly, but don't worry, it won't leave your skin feeling tight—I think it's a common thing among Korean clay packs nowadays. I usually leave it on my face for about 10 minutes and rinse it off with warm water. I don't think it tightens my pores, but I think it does its job to deep cleanse the pores. I feel refreshed. And one thing that I really like is that it really does moisturize my skin. I feel like my skin is getting moisturized and hydrated from the inside(?). Quite hard to explain, but when I touch my face, it feels soft, smooth, and well, simply hydrated. Please excuse my confusing words.

I don't think the sebum controlling part works on me. Well, I don't really know actually because I usually use this before I go to sleep at night, and when I wake up in the morning, my nose area still becomes an oil slick. This is something that no product can control though. I always wake up in the morning with my nose becoming so oily. I think I was born with it. Sigh.

 
Overall, this product is an okay and I like it. It doesn't break me out—as long as I thoroughly rinse it off—but it doesn't cure the breakout that I already have either.  The scent also doesn't distract me. But there's just something missing. Humans can never get enough. Well, girls can never get enough (or maybe it's just me).

Anyway, I just listed all the ingredients on cosdna.com so make sure to check this link and read the ingredients thoroughly as there are probably some ingredients which can irritate your skin. :) 






Volume  : 110ml
Price      : I bought this for Rp 120000 (around  11-12 USD; original price 9900 KRW)
I’d give this 3.5 out of 5.



Anyway, a (low quality) selca as bonus! :3






p.s. man I'm on PMS and I can't control my appetite. I can eat 5 times a day wow something that is only happening at times like these. (Glad that I'm that kind of person who doesn't gain weight easily LOL) And my skin is acting up so bad. Super breakouts, skin becoming oily and dry at the same time (well, if that makes sense). I feel like a monster ready to explode. Some areas on my face are just so dry it hurts. ;___;

1 comment:

  1. Shop our New Zealand online Discount Chemist products, or visit a pharmacy near you. We offer pharmacy services, health information, low prices and unique products.

    ReplyDelete

© Resista A. Belle and Crystal. 2014