Tuesday, July 21, 2015

L.A. Girl HD PRO Conceal in Classic Ivory Review

Hola, belles!

Hello and hello again. Here I am reporting another all-time favorite makeup thing which is concealer. Who can get enough of concealer? Not me. Well, what I am going to talk about in this post is an infamous concealer among beauty netizens (yes, I am going to call all of you beauty netizens).


L.A. Girl HD PRO Conceal (0.25 oz/8g) now comes in 24 different shades. The lightest one is Porcelain and the darkest one is Mahogany. There are also three color correcting shades which are orange, yellow, and green. When I bought this, Classic Ivory was still the lightest one.




What it claims?

  • Camouflages the appearance of skin imperfections
  • Evens out skin tone
  • Covers dark circles
  • Minimizes fine lines
  • Provides customizable coverage
I should say I agree with most of what it claims. My only problem is that Classic Ivory looks too pink. Well, now that there is Light Ivory with yellow undertone, sigh I guess I have to purchase another shade.



Another problem, it does sink into fine lines. It claims to minimize fine lines. Well, it does, but it also sinks into those fine lines under the eyes. Just a tip, set your under eye concealer. I used to hate setting my under eye concealer because my under eye is so dry and adding powder will just make my eyes look and feel extra dry. But what can I do, setting my under eye is the only way to prevent any sinking, and so that's what I do now.

The formula is so creamy and it blends really well. It feels a bit sticky though. The brush is okay, the squeezy tube is also okay, but many times, I feel like it is a bit hard to control the amount of the product. Well, from what I experienced, when I didn't squeeze it hard, only the oil came out, but when I squeezed it harder, too much product came out. #firstworldproblem, everything is #firstworldproblem.



As you can see, it covers pretty well, but honestly it looks a bit ashy, don't you think? And it is too pink for me. So what I do lately is mixing it with a darker/yellower concealer and it works pretty good.

Overall, another steal! This concealer is not bad. I only need to get the right shade and as long as I set it, it won't move, sink, crease whatsoever. I am not much of a contouring person so I am not interested, yet, to use the darker colors to contour. Well, have you guys tried this concealer?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Resista A. Belle and Crystal. 2014